Cannabis-infused olive oil is the base for many cannabis recipes, including our cannabis pizza. It is easy to make and allows for versatile use in the kitchen.
Ingredients for the cannabis-infused olive oil
- High quality olive oil
- Cannabis flowers, finely ground
- Saucepan or slow cooker
- Fine-mesh sieve or cheesecloth
Preparation of cannabis-infused olive oil
- Decarboxylation: Before you add the cannabis to the oil, you need to decarboxylate it. This means heating it in an oven at around 115 degrees Celsius for 30-45 minutes. This step activates the THC and makes it edible.
- Grinding cannabis: First you have to grind the cannabis finely. A consistent, fine consistency helps extract the cannabinoids efficiently.
- Infuse Oil: Place the decarboxylated cannabis in a saucepan or slow cooker and add the olive oil. The ratio of cannabis to oil depends on your desired potency. A general rule of thumb is to use one cup of olive oil per gram of cannabis.
- Slow heating: Heat the mixture on low heat for 2-4 hours. Avoid letting the oil boil as this could destroy the cannabinoids. Stir the mixture occasionally.
- Filter: After heating, filter the oil through a fine-mesh sieve or cheesecloth into a clean container to remove any cannabis residue.
- Storage: Store the cannabis-infused olive oil in an airtight container in a cool, dark place. This way it will last for several months.
Remember that the effects of cannabis when consumed are different than when smoked. Start with a low dose to test the effects and give your body time to respond. Enjoy your homemade cannabis-infused olive oil responsibly and in good company.
When preparing and consuming products containing THC, it is important to always adhere to the legal regulations that apply in the respective country.