Discover the gentle world of cannabis tea. Whether you're looking for relaxation or need an alternative to smoking and vaping, cannabis tea offers a calming experience that delights both your well-being and your senses.
Ingredients for cannabis leaf tea
- Cannabis leaves (flowers or trimmings for stronger effects)
- Optional: coconut oil or butter for fat binding
- Preferred tea ingredients (chamomile, peppermint, etc.)
- Sweetener to taste
- Decarboxylation of Cannabis: First you need to decarboxylate the cannabis to activate the cannabinoids like THC and CBD. To do this, roughly chop the cannabis, place it on a baking tray and heat it in the oven at 110-115°C for around 45 minutes.
- Preparing the water: Bring water to a boil in a pot. The amount of water depends on how strong you want the tea and how much tea you want to make.
- Adding the Cannabis: Add the decarboxylated cannabis to the boiling water. If you add a fatty substance like coconut oil or butter, this will help bind the cannabinoids better because they are fat-soluble.
- Simmer: Let the mixture simmer over low heat for about 15-30 minutes. The duration can vary depending on the desired strength. Stir occasionally to prevent burning.
- Add tea leaves: After the cannabis has had enough time to release its active ingredients, you can add your favorite tea leaves. Let the tea with the tea leaves steep for a few more minutes.
- Finishing: Strain the cannabis and tea leaves. You can refine your tea with honey, sugar or other sweeteners to taste.
- Enjoy: Let the tea cool down a bit and then enjoy it. Remember that drinking cannabis takes effect later than smoking it, so give your body time to react to the tea.
Remember that the effects of cannabis when consuming drinks are different than when smoking. Start with a low dose to test the effects and give your body time to respond. Enjoy your homemade cannabis leaf tea responsibly and in good company.
When preparing and consuming products containing THC, it is important to always adhere to the legal regulations that apply in the respective country.
This recipe combines the relaxing properties of tea with the benefits of cannabis. It's a wonderful way to enjoy cannabis in a mild and pleasant form.